top of page
  • Where is my refund?
    You can check the status of your Federal Refund at
  • What is the cost to file my taxes?
    Our fee can vary based on the number of forms to file. Personal tax return can be $250-$575. Business taxes must make an appointment.
  • How long does it take to receive a refund?
    Electronic refunds will generally take 10 to 21 days to receive. Paper returns will generally take 30 to 45 days to receive.
  • Can I make an appointment?
    Yes, click here.
  • How to setup a payment plan?
    You can apply online at or ask us for assistance.
  • Can I still claim my child as a dependent?
    Generally, you can if your child is under the age of 18 or 24 in college and you provide more than 50% of their well being.
  • What documents do I need to file my taxes?
    Once a completed intake form has been submitted, a detailed email will be sent to you of all required document to start the process of filing your taxes.
  • Can I itemize my deduction?
    Yes you can, if the total amount of your allowable itemized deduction is greater than your standard deductions.
  • What if I get an IRS notice?
    You should request a free 15 minute consultation with us.
  • Why is my refund less than expected?
    To find out if your refund was fully or partially offset call 800-304-3107.
  • Why should I choose Global Accounting Solution to do my taxes?
    Are you one of nearly half of all American taxpayers that are overpaying the IRS? Could you be repeating the same mistakes or overlooking deductions year after year? Global Account Solution professionals thoroughly examine each customer’s tax situation to get every deduction, credit, and tax advantage possible. We pledge quality tax preparation coupled with premier customer service at each location. And we guarantee accuracy or your money back.
  • What is the earliest I can file my taxes?
    When you get your W-2, you can have your taxes prepared right away, but the IRS will not accept them before a pre-defined date.
  • What is the deadline to file my taxes?
    The standing deadline for personal taxes is April 15. However, sometimes that date falls on a weekend or after Emancipation Day (a holiday in DC) and pushes the deadline to as late as April 18.
  • How do I get a copy of my return from the IRS?
    You can request a photocopy or a computer transcript (a line-by-line listing) of the information on your filed tax return. Photocopies and transcripts are free from the IRS. If you need an actual copy (not a photocopy), then you must complete IRS Form 4506 and pay a $50 fee for your filed tax return and all related tax information, such as your Form W-2, etc...
  • How can I get a copy of my W-2?
    To get a copy of your Form W-2 or Form 1099, you should first contact your employer or financial institution. If we used your W-2 to prepare your return, through you have a couple of options: If you have an Intuit account with us, you can log-in and view your filed tax return including your W-2. If you don't have an Intuit account with us, we recommend requesting to create one, but you can also reach out our office so we can assist you with requesting a copy, if available. You can also download a Form 4056 at to request a copy of the return you filed with the IRS which will include your W-2 or Form 1099 and other tax documents.
  • How do I file an amended return?
    You can file an amended return to correct any errors or omissions on your original return. In some cases, you may even change filing status. Using IRS Form 1040X, state the reason for filing the amended return and show the correct tax information and your original refund or balance due amount. Do not attached Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ to amended return. You must file your amended return within three years after the date you filed your original return. Tax Preparers with Global Accounting Solution will assist taxpayers through the IRS amendment process. Just log on to your client portal and request an amendment on your return or schedule an appointment so we can get the process started.
  • What if I receive another tax document after I've filed my return?
    If you've already e-filed or mailed your return to the IRS or state taxing authority, you'll need to complete an amended tax return. Depending on the form, you may not need to amend. Message your client portal we will assist you with the additional form.
  • What tax document do I need if I have a mortgage?
    Your mortgage company should send you a Form-1098 or it can be found in the documents section of your mortgage company website; this document is what reports the mortgage interest you've paid.
  • What documents do I need from my employer?
    The forms to prove employment may vary depending on individual situations. For most, an employer will provide a W-2 form. The self-employed (i.e. independent contractors, IBO/Independent Business Owners, Uber Drivers, etc.) should receive a 1099-MISC from the company.
  • What documents do I need if I am unemployed?
    If you received unemployment benefits from your state over the past year, you must claim that as income and therefore pay taxes on those benefits. The unemployment agency should provide you with a 1099-G form, which explains the amount of benefits you drew during the past year. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) receives a copy as well and will tax you at the appropriate rate in your tax bracket. Not everyone owes. If you worked a portion of the past year, chances are you paid payroll taxes and may earn a refund if those deductions were overpaid.
  • What documents will I need if I am self-employed?
    Global Accounting Solutions will file a Schedule C using IRS Form 1040. Depending on your type of business such as a: content creator, fitness trainer, personal chef, business owner or other forms of entrepreneurship there may be other forms you will need. You may also need to make quarterly estimated payments by filing Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals. If filing with Global Accounting Solutions, be sure to have all of your expenses ready so we will be able to complete your tax return!
  • What documents will I need if I am divorced?
    Taking necessary steps before tax time will make things easier once you file your taxes for the first time after a divorce. Change your W-4 through your employer so taxes will be withheld at the correct rates. Also, if you (or a family member) changed your name, file Form SS-5 with the Social Security Administration to ensure there aren’t any complications with the IRS.
  • Is there a penalty for filing my taxes after the deadline?
    Yes, you can opt to pay your tax liability through an installment plan. In addition to paying taxes through an installment payment plan, there may be other options such as the Offer in Compromise (OIC). Under an OIC agreement, the IRS may agree to settle the taxpayer’s liability for less than the full amount of taxes owed. The IRS is not likely to approve an OIC if there’s evidence that the taxpayer could pay the full amount through an installment payment plan or another method. A taxpayer can request consideration for an OIC by filling out Form 656, Offer in Compromise, or Form 656L, Offer in Compromise (Doubt as to Liability), and mail the application package to the IRS.
  • Do I need to report work-study income if I am a full-time student?
    Yes, any money which you received as a result of work is taxable income and must be reported on your tax return. Attach your W-2 showing your earnings and your taxes withheld to your tax return.
  • Can I claim charitable donations without a receipt?
    Yes, you can as long as you keep good records in the event you are ever audited by the IRS. Be sure to record the name of the organization, the date and location; as well as a detailed description of what you donated. Keep notes on the amount you claimed as a deduction and how you figured the fair market value on the items you donated. In the case of a monetary donation, as long as it’s less than $250, a canceled check or even a payroll deduction can suffice for proof of the donation.
  • Can I deduct expenses paid for repairing my home?
    Typically, general home repairs cannot be deducted from your taxes. Home repairs are meant to keep your home in good condition, but do not increase the value of your home. However, if you live in a “federally declared disaster area” and your home is affected, then you can claim the cost to repair the damages. If you use part of your home as a principal place of business, some repairs can be deducted, but you must itemize your deductions on Schedule A.
  • How to pay your taxes if you owe money to the IRS?
    If you owe taxes, the IRS offers several options where you can pay immediately or arrange to pay in installments visit:
  • How do I obtain my Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)?
    The best way to locate your AGI is to use your previous year tax return and locate it on line 8b on from 1040. If you do not have your old tax return, you can get your AGI from one of the IRS self service tools:
  • How do I get a copy of my refund from Global Accounting Solutions?
    Log into your client portal and send us a message. We will email you over another copy of your return!
bottom of page